No, Vectorworks 2024 is not running - Error when trying to update from 1.1 to 2.0

Mark_DDi

Question

Hello VW community.  I have installed Vectorworks on a slightly older desktop computer running Windows 10 Professional. It loads (slowly). It runs. But it will not update.

Below is the error message I keep getting. I have shut down VW all together. I have gone into windows Task Manager and manually confirmed VW id not running. I have rebooted the computer and manually gone into the program folder for Vectorworks Updater 2024 but I still get the same error. I have even used the 'Advanced Options' pull down in the image below and manually downloaded the update to try and install it locally, but I still get the same error.

I have ensured that Windows is fully up to date, but I am at a loss as to what is causing this error and how to bypass it. Any Ideas???

image.png.390e809d6459196d88a1858fc40ade00.png

Thanks in advance,

Mark

3 answers to this question

• Administrator

@Mark_DDi as a next step, I will suggest after rebooting your computer, open the Vectorworks updater from the Vectorworks 2024 folder, then click on the Advance Options and click on Repair - after repairing, click on Check updates and follow the steps to update 2, if the problem persists, please contact technical support directly via https://customers.vectorworks.net/support