Device shows other Make/Model

bjoerka

I recently added an audio/dante adapter with the device builder.

But when it´s placed in the drawing it shows another Make and Model...

The device that is written in the OIP has been added by my several days ago, but i did not use it...

What might have happened or have i done wrong (despite the typo .-)) ...

Bildschirmfoto2023-12-04um13_27_56.thumb.png.6d688f70084dbba3eac618e166def4a5.png

Bildschirmfoto2023-12-04um13_28_34.thumb.png.b6918d431e238fa4ec31a3e36be1084e.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@bjoerka well from the device OIP I see that the Make and Model are disabled. What this means is that an Equipment Item already exists with the name <DEVICE>. Then the equipment takes control of the physical characteristics and make and model.

You need to give your devices names so that ConnectCAD can understand that they refer to different physical equipment. If two devices have the same name ConnectCAD thinks that they must refer to the same physical box. This is handy on schematics because the same piece of equipment may be involved in two places in the signal flow.

Since we often draw schematics and then want to layout equipment we temporarily store the physical characteristics and the make and model in the device. And when you run the Create Equipment command then equipment is created using this information. Since these are native characteristics of the physical box rather than the schematic device (which is really just a named bag of sockets), once an equipment item exists it takes over control of these parameters and they become read-only on the device.

Just give each device a name and it will all work fine. This one could be called DANTE-USB 1 for example.

Hope this all makes sense.

Conrad

• Like 2

Thanks Conrad.

I´ll change the way i add devices .-)

I always took or looked up existing or new devices in the device builder and inserted them into my schematics. 

After setting them up, where they are needed, then i gave the devices specific names...

But that´s good to know the other way round that you described!

thx!