Vectorworks 2024 MacOS Ventura- appears on every desktop - can't move between desktops

Rushledzep16

Question

Running Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2 and Vectorworks 2024 Update 2 (Build 731261) on an M2 Pro Macbook Pro 15".

Vectorworks runs fine, but it appears on which every desktop I have open, and can't be moved to a different desktop.

This issue also appears to happen on Vectorworks 2023.

Is there a setting in Vectorworks that fixes this?

4 answers to this question

Check Desktop and Dock Preferences.  Desktops have separate spaces.

I normally run with 12 spaces.  2 on my laptop screen and 10 on my external monitor.  When I unplug the external they all jump to the laptop.

image.png.24ae6ee32caa110fcb7b2a46d0d6d9ad.png

Why would I need 12 spaces you may ask:

1 for email and messages

1 for information I might want to get to while I am in any other app like Calendar, Contacts, ToDos.

1 for a long term research project that I have a browser window (or 4) open almost continuously plus another app I use to track those browser articles.

1 for the VW Forum. Usually 2 to 20 tabs and 2 browser windows.

1 for VW

1 for Vectorscript Function Reference

1 for ChatGPT

1 for browser windows for another group I am involved in running

1 for keeping track of my email and mailing list that fail periodically.

The other three are kind of random based on the projects I am working on at the time.  Usually one for Excel, one for Word, one for Keynote.  But this can vary depending on what I am doing.

Across all 12 spaces I probably have about 30 windows and 100 tabs open most of the time.

Yes, I am a little strange. But to me, being able to see the screen slide across is a nice visual indication that I am changing projects.

• Like 2