Plant species freakery - on deadline no less.

DSmith2300

Question

I'm having trouble with plant species being incorrect in a weird 'hangover' / ghost data sort of way.

I was looking for rogue plants that were listed in the schedule and turned layers/ classes on / off, moved symbols etc.   Nothing there.

Changed a species to a new one and it still listed the old one in both the schedule and in the object info when clicking on the 'new' one: listed old name in Botanical and Common name, not the new one. Plant tags and data tags both show incorrect information. 

Changed it again to a totally random species and recalculated worksheet. New one showed up but old one still listed.  Keep trying to change species to new one and the lag / overlap in data keeps happening.

Have closed VW and reopened a few times. It works to to 'advance' the overlap of the wrong species data to the next step but never catches up with the actual correct species.

I've deleted every instance of the wrong species from the document and it still shows up as data overlaying the correct species.

EDIT:  I realised that 'set by style' had been turned off for those three items: Latin name, common name and ID.

Changing that made it catch up.

Weird behaviour nonetheless.

obinfopalodd.jpg

WRONG.jpg

Edited by DSmith2300
Found a solution

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet