Set Lighting Device [Voltage/Time/Cost/Weight] Before Insertion

I'm looking for a way to globally set values of multiple lighting devices' Voltage, Time, Cost, and Weight parameters.

I know I can do this after I insert the Lighting Devices but I'd like to have their values already set before insertion.

I know that I could change the Weight in Lighting Symbol Maintenance but the other parameters (Voltage, Time Cost) don't appear in this window.

I was able to add these fields (Voltage, Time, Cost) to the Light Info Record allowing me to set these field values before insertion.

Even after I added these fields to the Light Info Record, they don't show up in the Lighting Symbol Maintenance window. Why is this? Can they be added to this window?

I want to be able to bulk edit the Voltage / Time / Cost of multiple lights at once. Is there a solution for this?

Thank you,

Zack

Vectorworks Spotlight 2023 SP7 (Build 719048) (64-Bit)

MacOS Sonoma 14.1 (23B74)

Edited by zackimcdlighting

If you want to generally store field values for symbols or plug-in objects, you can

use the data manager to set up your own mapping schemes.

Values are then automatically added when you import them into a drawing in case you import from a file that has the mapping you need loaded, or you load a saved mapping you need into your drawing and all field values from that mapping will be attached.

As for the 'bulk editing',- I am looking for this for years now. I think it should somehow be possible via the ODBC data connection, but I never got this running.

So for me, I have done the stony way of editing symbol by symbol and stored all this in a mapping scheme.

• Like 1