Need assistance with Textures/Materials/Estimating...

All,

I am presently working on a model for a planned residence and I would like to be able to accurately estimate the amount of split block that will be required to complete the home.

Following is a previous example of the Split-Block on a residence we constructed many years ago.

9F6F2482-72E4-4989-B32A-42517B91B768_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.c4b01f384e22cad75361701a4036767c.jpeg

We are planning on using CMU Split Block that has the following dimensions 16" (length) x 2 1/4" (height) x 4" (depth). In my travails, I have attempted to modify an existing CMU block texture and material by selecting one that is similar from the VW Library > Visualization > Materials and importing it directly into my working folder. I have included below a screen grab to demonstrate the less than ideal rendering.

I am seeking any sage advice that more experienced users can offer on how to improve the object display and to make it look more like the end result.

And since I got my hand slapped for previously not including enough data to help others help me, I can going to include more screen grabs to help in that endeavor.

Below the first screen grab is material detail. Not certain about the settings as my render / object view is off.

And lastly, the final screen grab is my texture for the CMU block with my settings, they may be completely wrong, but alas they have been included.

Once I figure out how to correctly assemble the material/texture correctly, I think the estimation aspect should be smooth sailing, but I'm open to any suggestions or advice that you may be willing to pass along. Thank you so much in advance for your assistance in this matter!

- Ryan Russell

Also, if I need to provide more data, fire way and let me know what you need.

image.png.88531400fdbd735439f796b66ffe5c93.png

Material Details (Not certain if these settings are correct - based on the render)

image.thumb.png.5cb19004befbf2c4733d8de828871e0b.png

Texture Details (Not certain if these settings are correct - based on the render)

image.thumb.png.041fbd4bd2a74ec50c9513fe5184e58f.png

Edit the Color shader for your Texture + set the brick width to 16" + the brick height to 2.25".

Then edit the Size of the texture + make it 16".

This should give you the representation you're looking for.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.d3650c3797dadcafe5a002695151493f.jpg

Remember to edit the surface hatch to match the texture.