Label Legend Manager script error

DB007

I am having an issue with Vectorworks 2024 Spotlight's Label Legend Manager. 

No matter what I do, I can not create a new label legend. When I do i get a script error that reads:

"Error on line-1: _463 _464 - No such symbol exists in current library."

What am I missing? I am selecting a symbol that is in the drawing. I have even tried using other symbols, older symbols from the vectorworks library, and even reverting to v2023; and still get the same error. I've double checked my process on multiple youtube tutorials and I am doing it correctly.

I have a plot due soon and this error in a key feature is holding me back.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum.

I've not seen this before.  I wonder if the missing symbol is a Label Legend?

Do you have any working Label Legends in the drawing?

If you need a solution right away you can post a file here with a bunch of lighting devices or send it to me in a PM and I'll take a look at it tonight.

Artesian 3D Vectorworks Drawing 2023 Base Plot v2 v2024.vwx

Hi michaelk, Thank you for the reply. I have attached the file here. It has a bunch of lighting fixtures in it already, but I can't create a legend with any of them. There is no Label Legend in the file, that's why I am trying to create one using the Label Legend Manager. Here is a screenshot of the error:

Thank you for taking a look. It's much appreciated.

Screenshot2023-11-03at10_39_36PM.thumb.png.ebd97a209c3f1e056d7e52462cc72f30.png

I got the same thing.  I tried to create a new label legend (there were none in the drawing).  I was able to start the process of creating the Label Legend, assigning fields to include, but I couldn't assign any containers.  It failed when trying to set the legend layout.  I noticed your container symbol folder was empty.  Not sure what that means.

I grabbed a random fixture out of one of my light plots and copied it into your drawing.  The lighting device pasted with all of the rectangles that you would see in the LLM set layout dialog.

That label legend came into the drawing and after that I was able to create new label legends.

After that the container folder had container symbols - even symbols that I didn't use in my label legend.

Seems like it just need a swift swat in the side of its head to reset it.

Artesian 3D Vectorworks Drawing 2023 Base Plot v2 v2024~.vwx

• Like 2