Exporting a GPX file

Before I reinvent the wheel I'm asking here to see if anyone else has got a workflows for exporting .gpx file.

I want to use one from a drawing in my Garmin Etrex 32x to set out a walking path.

I know there's a workflow to get one out of QGIS but want to know if VW offers a more straight-forward route for my very windy path - about 1200m:  image encl. for anyone interested.

openstreetmaps have kindly written up the gpx format, and I can build from scratch from a points export but hopefully there's a smoother way.

track for gpx.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2023 at 7:29 PM, unearthed said:

So, I take the resounding silence indicates no one is using VW CAD data to drive their GPS. 

When I need to import .gpx (rarely), I use on online converter for .gpx to .dxf.

I'm usually doing this for trail design, site observation, or maps... so the accuracy is not critical.

Surprisingly, my Garmin cycling computer does a very good job capturing existing trails.

When the tracks are overlaid onto a satellite image they are typically right on the money.