VW2023 Landmark How to enable editing plant style by instance?

Susan Stansbury

Question

I am using Vectorworks 2023, Service Pack 7, Landmark module. Many of my plant settings are greyed out. Searching these help forums I conclude I need to edit the plant style and change the desired setting from “by style” to “by instance”, but I can not find anywhere in the interface to change this setting.  How is this done? Do I need to do this on a per-plant basis, or can I change this setting globally? The greyed out characteristics are in both Object Info Palette as well as in the Plant Preferences dialog boxes which would apply to the plants I am about to add into the plan.

2 answers to this question

To edit the Plant Style you either need to:

• Click on the 'Style' drop-down in the OIP + select 'Edit Style...'
  • Right-click on an instance of the Plant in the drawing, select 'Edit' to open the 'Edit Plant' dialog, then select 'Style'.
  • Right-click on the Plant style in the Resource Manager + select 'Edit Style...'

Changes you make in the 'Edit Plant Style' dialog will affect all instances of that Plant style. Make parameters you want to be common to all instances of the Plant by style + those you want to be able to edit on a plant-by-plant basis by instance.

• Like 1