Template document recommendations

Sade16

Question

Can someone recommend where to have a look at good template documents for Vectorworks, I want to design one that has everything pre-set but not sure where to start. Everything from Wall Styles to windows, doors font ect.

Edited by Sade16

2 answers to this question

I've built multiple files for this. I have one file where I have styles, Layers, and classes predefined. Also, some publish settings. The files also have sheet borders and predefined custom values to populate dynamic fields in those sheet borders. Then I have multiple files containing symbols I use the most. The symbols are located in symbol folders so i can import the symbols and preserve the folder hierarchy.

When I miss a symbol, style, or other things, I make the necessary changes to the current work file,m and at some point update the template.

I do not use templates, but normal VWX files as my templates.

I would suggest you just start with something and develop it as you go.

16 hours ago, Sade16 said:

Can someone recommend where to have a look at good template documents for Vectorworks, I want to design one that has everything pre-set but not sure where to start. Everything from Wall Styles to windows, doors font ect.

Have you looked at the stock VW templates to begin with?

Screenshot2023-10-05at08_10_10.png.07f165b707c28a1187bb159e085abae3.png

But what goes in your template will be specific to you.

I personally keep Walls, Doors, etc in Favorites files.