Function in Worksheet to count parking stalls?

techdef

Different Function for each of the three different parking objects. You can add all of these into a single cell by using a + sign between them if you want.

=OBJECTDATA(PON='Parking Spaces', 'Universal Value', 'Parking Spaces', 'No of Spaces')

=OBJECTDATA(PON='Parking Along Path', 'Universal Value', 'Parking Along Path', 'Num Spaces')

=OBJECTDATA(PON='Parking Area', 'Universal Value', 'Parking Area', 'Num Spaces')

Note the difference in the field names between the different lines.

I figured out the Record and Field names using a script I started about 15 years ago.  You might want to at least glance through the entire thread, but I think this link is to the latest version.

Ask if you need more help.

• Like 2

Hmmm, thanks again, but still no dice. Its strangely not even giving an error, just showing the text as though it weren't a function at all.

Using Count and the PON & C= works to get the number of objects narrowed down, but the & seems to fail the objectdata function?

It appears that ObjectData in a spreadsheet cell is not working properly with "Compound Criteria"

It is working in a Database with compound criteria.

If you can get a database to work for you then you could use the following criteria (or build it using the criteria builder) and get what you need.

((C='Site-Parking-Cars') & (PON='Parking Spaces'))

The extra parentheses must be included as part of the criteria.

After I play with this a little more I will file a bug report on the use of compound criteria with ObjectData functions.

• Like 1