Circuit Tool "Cable Length" Drop-Down

Thomas Peters

Screenshot2023-09-26at12_12_15.png.33277f3d125b976b87e16b9da76eef68.png

Is it possible to edit the values that appear in the Cable Length dropdown?

As is likely the intention of this parameter, it would be expedient to simply specify some cable lengths based on my stock, but these provided lengths do not align with my vendors' stock.

My current workaround is to either

- draw every run and then using nested IF/THEN statements to align the values, or

- use the provided specified lengths and then in my worksheets IF/THEN those into my actual stock lengths

as per my other post.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Thomas Peters,

You can create your own Libraries/Defaults/ConnectCAD/ConnectCAD_Database/CableLengths.txt file in the user folder that contains additional cable lengths that you need. Just be sure to start off with the standard cable lengths and do not delete them, so that if you have a file with them they are still working correctly.

image.png

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...

I attempted to add some cable lengths below 1M such as 0.75 and 0.5M. While the dropdown box allows these values, my cable calculation sheets show a length of 0.50 as "050" which will be calculated (and read by humans) as "50M"... slightly over my 0.5m cable estimate. Is it possible to add decimal support to cable lengths as well?

7 hours ago, Callum Walker said:

I attempted to add some cable lengths below 1M such as 0.75 and 0.5M. While the dropdown box allows these values, my cable calculation sheets show a length of 0.50 as "050" which will be calculated (and read by humans) as "50M"... slightly over my 0.5m cable estimate. Is it possible to add decimal support to cable lengths as well?

Thanks for reporting this, it seems like a bug and we will look into it.

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Thomas R said:

Hello Nicoley,

Has the problem been fixed with the latest update? 
Thank you very much and habe a nice day.

Best Thomas

- Hello Thomas, it was a bit too late for U4 for this fix, but it should be in the next update. 🙂