3D polygon on site modeling

vassen

Hello everyone,

Can someone help me to understand how we are able to draw a road path on our 3D site modelling to match the the current slope of the site model like in the capture screen.

I have try hardscape, Site modifier but still can not come to the same result in the vectoworks files.

if there is any similar discussion do let me know please.

Thanks for your kind help

3dPOLIGONONSITEMODEL.thumb.png.c6eb11e132872a7fe36891a6a2d3ca16.png

Exemple.vwx

Edited by vassen
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@vassen, if I understand you correctly - you would like a hardscape that mimics the existing site model surface? In that case, use the draped hardscape mode. Remember, you need a grade limit around your site where you place most site modifiers.

I can also see that you're looking at the Existing site model instead of the proposed - change that in the Object Info Palette to see the effect of your hardscape. I've attached a file where I've added the hardscape, as well as separated the layers and change the setup of the site model to listen to only specific layers - this is a good idea as it means you can work things out on layers that don't affect the site model.

Draped Hardscape.vwx

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Katarina Ollikainen said:

@vassen, if I understand you correctly - you would like a hardscape that mimics the existing site model surface? In that case, use the draped hardscape mode. Remember, you need a grade limit around your site where you place most site modifiers.

I can also see that you're looking at the Existing site model instead of the proposed - change that in the Object Info Palette to see the effect of your hardscape. I've attached a file where I've added the hardscape, as well as separated the layers and change the setup of the site model to listen to only specific layers - this is a good idea as it means you can work things out on layers that don't affect the site model.

Draped Hardscape.vwx 7.91 MB · 0 downloads

Thanks for your help. It's what exactly i was looking for.

• 6 months later...
On 2023/9/7 at PM3点53分, Katarina Ollikainen said:

@瓦森,如果我理解正确的话 - 您想要一个模仿现有场地模型表面的硬景观吗?在这种情况下,请使用覆盖硬景观模式。请记住,您需要在放置大多数网站修改器的网站周围设置等级限制。

我还可以看到您正在查看现有场地模型而不是建议的场地模型 - 在对象信息面板中更改该模型以查看硬景观的效果。我附加了一个文件,其中添加了硬景观,并分离了图层并更改了站点模型的设置以仅监听特定图层 - 这是一个好主意,因为这意味着您可以在图层上解决问题这不会影响站点模型。

披覆硬景观.vwx 7.91MB · 7 次下载

Hello,I'm very sorry to bother you, I change the Site Modifer to Draped but it looks like this and I want to know why

屏幕截图 2024-03-22 160753.png

2 hours ago, Katarina Ollikainen said:

你好@周凯一,您更新了站点模型吗?如果是的话,您可以发布文件以便我看一下吗?在某种程度上,似乎正在进行一场深度冲突(场地模型和硬景观都具有完全相同的标高)。

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to reply, I found out that I  looked at the Existing site model instead of the proposed.

• Like 2