Materials and Colors doesn't export with IFC

Moe_90

Hello everyone, i hope you are doing well.

when i try to export the model in IFC 4, it exports all geometries that is made by hardscape tool (Belag/Weg tool in the german Version) all in white, with no material or color (see the pictures in the attachement for better understanding of what i mean)

only simple objects or pre-made symbols do have colors.

is there a reason for that? how can i export the wanted colors/textures with the IFC model?

thanks in advance.

02.thumb.PNG.34593f0ac61d6612dff70dafa8629211.PNG01.thumb.PNG.ce1d580a364b07f7a4404b42ef6829e3.PNG

01.PNG

02.PNG

• Like 1

you are right,

if you look at the IFC model, you will see some elements has colors, also the building form the the architect has colors.

my question is, how can i assinge colors to Hardscape instead of it being plain white.

is there and option to do that? and how to do it?

i am using BIMCollab as viewing software

i can assign colors to IFC entities in IFC viewer using the filter options, but the IFC entity itself will be white

i read about IFC 4 and it has the ability to read colors assigned to and Object, and it works well when i creat a 3D object and fill it with solid color, but when i use hardscape tool to create ground cover, it export the geometry with white colors, and it ignores the fill color i choose in vectorworks, and i have no idea why it happens and how to overcome that

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...