Creating site base elevation?

Hi,

I am trying to get help with something I haven't done before, but don't quite know how to search for it if someone could help me define what I am trying to do?

Basically, I have a Moasure measuring device and imported a site measure into VW (shape and elevation). I can now see the plan version, as well as the 3D version of it.

I need to now make this into my ground level plane to draw onto including identifying the elevation and adding a surface to it... and don't know where to start.

It tried looking at site modelling in the help area which seems roughly where I need to be, but VW has already picked up the elevation change etc.. it's just not showing me the data and I'm not sure how to create the plane.

Can someone tell me where to start?

Thanks

Hi Katarina,

I have attached a file below (I just copied the capture into a new file).

So that is the raw data I captured with Moasure. 

It doesn't look like much but the measurements are scaled correctly and it has picked up the elevation, but I somehow need to make it "real" now and not sure where to start.

One Design Layer shows the boundary (and elevation) and the 2nd is some random levels I picked up through the middle. I did notice they are set to a different height if you put them on one layer.

Thanks

VW trial.vwx

Edited by Marcus bLD
new version uploaded
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Great, I've attached a recording on how to use this data for the site model. I hope this helps.

Remember, if you plan on making any changes to the site model, you might want to go through some site model sessions on Vectorworks University to avoid getting frustrated. There are a few 'must' rules for site modelling, but it's pretty straightforward if you learn the structure.

• Like 3