Cable Type Tags - How do i organize them?

For a circuit, when i type in a cable type for multiple signals at once it always lands them in the middle of the line (picture 1). That doesnt work when they are all different lengths, then i have to drag them one by one to the right spot near the device (picture 2). 

I know that i can Edit Circuit Graphics, but that doesnt help me align the graphic. 

I know theres a shortcut to move multiple at one time but i cant find it on here anywhere. 

Help?

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 4.44.19 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 4.44.29 PM.png

The Reroute Circuits tool does control the position of the bubble as well as the path of the circuit. Telling one circuit to follow another will align the bubble to the same location as the target circuit.

We use the Cable field to denote membership of a circuit to a multi-circuit/multi-pair cable, i.e. 'LOOM A', and in such a case like the above, we would loop all of these circuits through one common bubble (probably nearby to your 'Rear' label) and then breakout back to the device ports.

But because you are targeting separate bubbles, this may or may not help you. LAN 202 re-routed to LAN 201 may put the bubble in the location you have there or may try and align it directly.

EDIT: I had a go and I think this will do what you want.

Start with this:

image.png.8071a8315422c267d757a51a37b94434.png

Re-route A002 and A003 @ A001:

image.png.3815aa5cbf5242786d827d53544d5c05.png

Edited by spettitt
  • Like 2

Is there a way we can get rid of the bubbles?

The bubbles are two small and will not be seen when printing out the drawings, but we do need the cable infos stay in the system for cabling report...Cannot find anywhere in the software to hide it...

Can anyone help please?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Jrw,

There is not direct way to hide the bubble. However, one way to do this indirectly is to edit the circuit's graphics (by right click->edit circuit graphics) then select to customize the bubble but leave the bubble formula empty. That way you make the bubble text always empty which effectively hides the bubble.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 2