Worksheet Showing Spotlight Lighting Pipe Count

Hi,

I'm trying to create a Worksheet that shows how many Spotlight Lighting Pipes I have by Length. Could someone show me a screen shot of the variables I need to do that please?

I have a worksheet that shows me a count of all of my symbols, but the Spotlight Pipe isn't a Symbol. I've tried ticking the "Plugin Object" option, but that still doesn't show it.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

You should be able to set the Object Type in the Criteria to Lighting Pipe and get a database that will have one subrow for each pipe. You can add other criteria to further limit the objects shown (such as Layer or Class).  Right click in the database header row (ie. 3, not 3.1, 3.2, etc.) and choose Edit Criteria or Edit Report.

A formula in a database header row cell of =Length will give you the overall length of the pipe.  A formula of =Count will give you the number of objects in a subrow.

Click on the disclosure triangle and you will get a popup window that will let you set the Sort and the Summation. You probably want to SUMmarize by length. That will give you one subrow for each length and the Count column will give you the number of objects of that length. You probably also want to set the Sort so they show largest to smallest or vice versa.

Second screen shot shows the database without any Sum or Sort.  Third shows the result after SUMmarizing on Length and Sort Ascending.

The text in row 2 shows the formulas used in row 3 for clarity.  In Row 3 they don't use the quote marks around the formulas.

image.png.343f735ba7c7830c792b039dda967edc.pngimage.png.89a1b34b516fd6011fce926e85cd5acd.pngimage.png.c7abe19c2b70042494200fe625d237a3.png

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

You should be able to set the Object Type in the Criteria to Lighting Pipe and get a database that will have one subrow for each pipe. You can add other criteria to further limit the objects shown (such as Layer or Class).  Right click in the database header row (ie. 3, not 3.1, 3.2, etc.) and choose Edit Criteria or Edit Report.

Thanks for your respose Pat. I'll have a go at it tomorrow.

Edited by Chris J Clarke