How to create roof with different bearing height without API

So this is a 2D drawing?

How have you come to the geometry we see on this sketch? You have no other data - elevations drawn etc??

BTW, why is there - what seems so be - a roof edge shown if this layout is Top Plan?

Marked here....

ScreenShot2023-07-04at11_21_57.png.6e405707e3d7a28057cb56b53ad6f8a1.png

The time consuming way of prepping a (resultant) roof plan off plan/layout/elevational heights is to overlay your roof pitch lines (from different bearing heights as you state) and create the plan geometry - assume you do have the roof pitch?. That is pretty much basic 'technical drawing'.

Providing a better insight into your reluctance to use a capable 3D software package for this might help someone guide you better......

ScreenShot2023-07-04at11_51_44.thumb.png.19d467a5994441e636bf459fca0fbb29.png    ScreenShot2023-07-04at11_52_08.thumb.png.2943cbe69217ebf28d3e892a37343bc4.png

Roof shown as I don't have wall data.

Not sure you're going at this from the right direction. Seems much too cart before horse.

There are several ways to go about this, but I noticed you indicated Line data as one.  If you created the outline of your shape with  3D lines.  Then the following would be a potential solution.

- After you have your shape outline in 3D lines.

- Convert them to NURBS

- Select the lines that form continuous planar surface (then the step below)

- Go to 3D power pack and choose "Create Surface from curves (this will make solid planar surface)

- when you have all your surfaces, you can use "Add solids" if you wish

So your first sketch was out since the rear pitch was not drawn with 45º lines (hips to ridge) - leading me to believe that pitch was steeper. 

You're also forgetting - correct me if wrong - the roof needs to overlap the wall extents

This was sooooooooo easy to create - even with having to input your 'freedom units' changed to mm. You're going to have to grasp the nettle and draw in 3D

ScreenShot2023-07-04at15_26_45.thumb.png.a68736fc661ed1767e8759af8f306d53.png

Edited by Gadzooks
Gables to hips
  • Like 1