Cable issues

Im having 2 issues with the cable tool. If these questions are stupid im sorry. I am a kinda new user.

When i daisy chain power with the cable only the first fixture shows up in the power planning pallet. Is there any way to fix this or am i out of luck?

And i cant figure out how i can create a dmx cable between 2 fixtures.

If anyone would be able to help me with these issues I would be extremely happy .

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
20 hours ago, JochemVink said:

When i daisy chain power with the cable only the first fixture shows up in the power planning pallet. Is there any way to fix this or am i out of luck?

It was due to be fixed but I'm not sure if the fix worked correctly.
At this point the palette is still a work in progress and it may be a while before this is adressed.

20 hours ago, JochemVink said:

And i cant figure out how i can create a dmx cable between 2 fixtures.

The easiest way to fix this is to add input and outptu electrical components into the symbol definition, set up to be 3 or 5 pin xlr connectors. Once this is done the daisy chain mode will work correctly. Make sure tosave any lighting fixtures you set up this way into your user or workgroup flder so you only have to do it once.

22 minutes ago, jcogdell said:

It was due to be fixed but I'm not sure if the fix worked correctly.
At this point the palette is still a work in progress and it may be a while before this is adressed.

The easiest way to fix this is to add input and outptu electrical components into the symbol definition, set up to be 3 or 5 pin xlr connectors. Once this is done the daisy chain mode will work correctly. Make sure tosave any lighting fixtures you set up this way into your user or workgroup flder so you only have to do it once.

Hello,  any chance for that will be done by vectorworks employee, and have an updated library ? 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Unfortunately, with the current workload of the CAD Content Development team due to the development cycle and the shear quantity of lighting symbols there will not be an updated library with input and output connectors. This will need to be done by the end user who can then choose the type of connector they need. As lighting fixtures can possibly use 3-Pin XLR, -Pin XLY, RDM, Ethernet, and any others I may have missed there is no way to make all of the possible options available in the libraries.

2 hours ago, JustinVH said:

Unfortunately, with the current workload of the CAD Content Development team due to the development cycle and the shear quantity of lighting symbols there will not be an updated library with input and output connectors. This will need to be done by the end user who can then choose the type of connector they need. As lighting fixtures can possibly use 3-Pin XLR, -Pin XLY, RDM, Ethernet, and any others I may have missed there is no way to make all of the possible options available in the libraries.

what a loosing time and mistake sources!! each ending will update his lighting device... 

I could understand that for personal fixture , but for ones who are on the market, you have technical data with lighting output, angle, connector ...

all the new stuff in vector are very nice but the library as to follow it 

I bought a software with library, and dont want and don't have time to edit it (of course editing 2d apparence is ok and necessary to customize plot), but the hardware is the hardware...

thanks for your work !

Edited by Ben59