How to let worksheet report plant count instead of "plant object" count?

DDD

Hi all,

I am working with worksheet report and I have a question for worksheet report.

I have two sets of plant objects with different tags, one group is tagged "single", and each planting object stands alone. The other is tagged "grouping", and all plantings are grouped. My goal is to report plant quantity of different tags in the worksheet. The formula I am using is 

=COUNT((('Plant'.'TagSchemaCenter'='"single"')))   

&

=COUNT((('Plant'.'TagSchemaCenter'='"grouping"')))

However, the grouped plant objects can't return the actual quantity, it is reporting 1 as opposed of 3. Is there anyway to report the actual plant quantity instead of plant object quantity? My file is attached and thank you for the help.

image.png.ce009fe7f97ff2dad2b2a14f8238a8b9.png

image.png.fc7afd28cc62c37ad2736a450b5772ac.png

planting count v2022.vwx

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

13 hours ago, DDD said:

Is there anyway to report the actual plant quantity instead of plant object quantity? My file is attached and thank you for the help.

Hi, if you report on plants (Plant Record) instead of the count of data tags, you'll get the correct quantity. I've added a very simple database report to your file, but you can use one of the preformatted ones - they're setup the same way.

planting count v2022.vwx

8 hours ago, Katarina Ollikainen said:

Hi, if you report on plants (Plant Record) instead of the count of data tags, you'll get the correct quantity. I've added a very simple database report to your file, but you can use one of the preformatted ones - they're setup the same way.

planting count v2022.vwx 281.99 kB · 3 downloads

Hi Katarina,

Thank you for your response. My problem is that I need to not only report the total planting quantity, but also be able to report planting quantity under different tags in the worksheet. In my case the expected result would be "single tree -3" & "grouped tree - 3". Another similar practical scenario is that I am creating a shrub group and tagging it as "group A", in the worksheet I am only able to report number of "group A" shrub as 1 instead of the actual quantity.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Sorry, I have never come by that setup.

Perhaps it's better if you use a field in the plant style, for example Price SKU (one that you can have access to in the OIP, but that you don't use right now), set it 'per instance' and use this for grouping info. Then you sort your workshet by sum items on that - this will give you all single plants in one row and all grouped in one (or two or three, depending on how many grouping names you use). There wouldn't be anymore work than having to chose the correct data tag for the tagging - this way you can just go through the planting plan, find all groups and change the 'SKU' value for all of them at the same time. It seems a bit backwards to count plants via the data tag, but perhaps I'm missing something?

Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 20.02.37.png

On 6/21/2023 at 12:57 PM, Pat Stanford said:

Can you show us the Auto Text setup for the text block that shows the count in the data tag?

Hi Pat,

Sorry for the late response. Yes please see below

#Plant Record#.#Quantity#

5 hours ago, Carol Reznor said:

Hi

Maybe instead of using the tag as a criterium you could use the following in your worksheet
the Insertion options Mode (Formula for worksheet header: ='Plant'.'config')
Schermafbeelding2023-06-26om10_11_40.png.31d91f7e6c434f77c9e7523befc6c018.png
This will allow you to list or filter by how the plants were inserted as a single plant or as a group
image.png.b068b734bdfa11f96fa3fb0415c2059e.png

Carol

Thank you!

I have not been able to make it work in a Spreadsheet Cell, but I can get you the data in a Database.

Make a database that lists all of the plants (or a subset using criteria).

Set a column to display your tag and SUMmarize that column.

Set a column to ='Plant Record'.'Quantity' and check the Sum Values button.

If you add another column with a formula of =Count, you will get a count of how many individual plants and how many groups have each tag. For single plants the Count and the record.Quantity should be the same.

My version of the file attached.

planting count v2022 Pat Version.vwx

44 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

I have not been able to make it work in a Spreadsheet Cell, but I can get you the data in a Database.

Make a database that lists all of the plants (or a subset using criteria).

Set a column to display your tag and SUMmarize that column.

Set a column to ='Plant Record'.'Quantity' and check the Sum Values button.

If you add another column with a formula of =Count, you will get a count of how many individual plants and how many groups have each tag. For single plants the Count and the record.Quantity should be the same.

My version of the file attached.

planting count v2022 Pat Version.vwx 252.01 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you, Pat!