Vectorworks 2023 taking 20+ minutes to initially open

bhkkhb

Question

Hi all,

I am being driven up the wall by my Vectorworks taking so long to start up when I enter the office in the morning.

I have a similar issue with 2020 and 2022. 

My PC's specs are:

Processor:Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz

Video Card:Radeon RX550/550 Series

Video Card #2: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630

Operating System: Windows 11

RAM: 16 GB

I understand they aren't the best specs but colleagues in the office work on significantly worse systems without anything like the startup times.

Any help would be most appreciated.

3 answers to this question

If you have workgroup folders setup or favorites, we've found that the startup process takes longer. especially when our favorite files contained large images resources for textures etc. Try removing these temporarily to see if it fixes it. (the favorites and workgroup folders)

On windows by the way.

image.thumb.png.02735d73a62d6c008d6e034812fad685.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Does the splash screen say what it is working on when the lag happens, or is it just that the whole process is dragged out?  For us while developing we see long launch times due to Apple's security checks for every plug-in but only on Mac and only with the first launch of a developer build.  Is your hard drive full or somehow very slow?  Swapping to virtual memory could slow things down.  Could be aggressive anti-virus checking...

On 6/15/2023 at 2:44 PM, Dave Donley said:

Does the splash screen say what it is working on when the lag happens, or is it just that the whole process is dragged out?  For us while developing we see long launch times due to Apple's security checks for every plug-in but only on Mac and only with the first launch of a developer build.  Is your hard drive full or somehow very slow?  Swapping to virtual memory could slow things down.  Could be aggressive anti-virus checking...

I'm having the same problem. It's getting stuck on initialising vectorscript system. Any help appreciated. I'm on the latest with M1 Mac

Edited by Vincefoster