Materials - Percentages...

shorter

Question

It does not appear that we can enter percentages of material to any greater accuracy than 2 decimal places.

If I have two materials in the proportion 99.999999% and 0.000001% it rounds to 100.00% and 0.00% but strangely does show one of the materials as having a volume of 0.00001m3 on a 10m x 10m x 10m volume but shows the other material as being 1000m3, and not 999.99999m3.

6 answers to this question

1 hour ago, shorter said:

Polyester Powder Coating…

I have of course suggested a homogenised approach as per galvanised steel but they would like to differentiate the steel from the finish. 

PPC on what? If you had for example a Compound Material that represented powder-coated sheet steel would you not seek to report 100% of the m2 for both Materials? 

7 hours ago, shorter said:

Circular Hollow Sections

Again I would have thought the surface area of the CHS would be more useful, or the length, rather than the volume of the coating... Unless your client is the powder coater themself + is seeking to calculate the raw material quantity? But then does your % include overspray/wastage? Presumably this margin varies considerably depending on the object being sprayed... I realise I am just satisfying my curiosity here rather than contributing anything to your original post so thank you for indulging me. I am just interested in how Materials are being used by people.