Numbering System doesn't travel with Template

I've noticed a minor point that causes some confusion with numbering systems. We have a company Numbering system, which is just a slightly tweaked version of the stock cCAD2. When setting up our template in our Workgroup, I presumed the numbering system would be saved in the template. However, the first load of users to start using it reported issues with numbering not working - and it turned out that the template knew 'our' numbering system needed to be used, but in name only, and the Numbering System itself had to be added by the user on their local profile.

When they ran Number Cables, it correctly said 'xxx Numbering System will be used', but looking in their ConnectCAD Settings, our numbering system wasn't present and instead, nothing had a tick in the 'Use' column, so no cables were numbered.

Can I suggest a warning in the 'Number Cables' pop up along the lines of 'XXX Numbering System selected but not found in local user profile. Please configure the named Numbering System to continue'.

My preference would be this warning rather than CC bumping the user to another numbering system - as a new user might not notice and produce a load of incorrect stuff.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @spettitt,

The numbering systems are saved in the user folder. However, if you move that file in the workgroup folder and other users use that workgroup folder they will be able to use that file too. Please check this and let me know if it gets the job done.

As for the suggested alert, I agree with you and will add this as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

The numbering systems are saved in the user folder. However, if you move that file in the workgroup folder and other users use that workgroup folder they will be able to use that file too. Please check this and let me know if it gets the job done.

Cheers. I moved the Numbering XML to the workgroup and it now does work as intended. Thanks

• Like 1