Project won't display in any view other than Top/Plan

I think this one is a little odd. I was messing around with lighting options and textures in attempts to manipulate textures to produce a backlit effect. After closing the edit texture window Vectorworks gave me a prompt to save my file. I instinctively clicked yes. When I did the almost the entire project/model disappeared. Everything except for one hybrid symbol. The rest of the project has other hybrid symbols that weren't visible. I was in the custom view via the flyover tool when this occurred. I tried switching to wireframe, no luck. Back to OpenGL, no luck. I double checked my OpenGL settings and nothing seems out of place. I closed and restarted vectorworks itself, and the issue persists. I opened up other files and have no issues with them. So whatever occurred is only affecting this file. I was thinking I had just lost the project somehow. Then I discovered that except for that one hybrid symbol, everything else is still in the file but only visible in Top/Plan view.

What seems even weirder is that in top/plan view, changing the render mode causes everything to disappear again. So I'm in wireframe and top/plan. I can see everything. If I use the flyover tool, it all disappears. Returning to top/plan brings it all back. Now if I stay in top/plan and change the render mode, it all disappears again. Without changing the render mode, simply switching back to top/plan brings everything back.

As I continue to mess around things got even more confusing. This disappearing act may only be concurring in both wireframe and OpenGL render modes. I haven't tried renderworks  but in hidden line, dashed hidden line or polygon, everything stays visible in various view modes. However after doing this a few times i got a message saying that vectorworks would have to re-render the image to stay in the current rendering mode. so I could either do that or switch to wireframe. Re-rendering the model works but takes longer than it should in just say hidden line mode. Switching to wireframe causes everything to disappear again.

I'm at a loss here, even in trying to explain things much further. I'm going to post this and then restart the computer itself. Just on the off chance this works. I think its unlikely since I don't have this issue in any other files. If it does for some reason I'll update this post. If this is just as confusing to everyone else I can upload the file itself.

20 minutes ago, bcd said:

Is the Clip Cube activated?

... yes, yes it was. No idea how or why it did active or get selected but glad it was something simple. Looking at it now, clip cube somehow activated around that one hybrid symbol that was still visible. Wasn't even part of the project I was working on. Thanks so much!

• Like 1