How can I create a datatag to label wall elevation info?

21 hours ago, Tom W. said:

Try the Object Function #WALLOVRLHGHT#

Hi Tom,

thank you! This can work, though #WALLOVRLHGHT# is showing the wall height instead, I found another data tag #IPZL# can show the site model elevation. Sum those values will get me what I want.

Thank you.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, DDD said:

Hi Tom,

thank you! This can work, though #WALLOVRLHGHT# is showing the wall height instead, I found another data tag #IPZL# can show the site model elevation. Sum those values will get me what I want.

Thank you.

Cool. I misunderstood what you meant by elevation in your orig post. But I think #IPZL# returns the height of the bottom of the Wall relative to the layer it's on so if you're looking to show the elevation of the top of the wall above sea level the layer elevation for the Wall layer will need to be 0...?

8 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

Cool. I misunderstood what you meant by elevation in your orig post. But I think #IPZL# returns the height of the bottom of the Wall relative to the layer it's on so if you're looking to show the elevation of the top of the wall above sea level the layer elevation for the Wall layer will need to be 0...?

Yes I am working on exterior retaining walls on a site model. I am labeling walls using their top offset elevation so this works just fine for me.