Buying Vectorworks in Ireland

Hello. I’m in Ireland, part of the European Union and outside the zone announced for the early adoption of the subscription only model. I’d like to buy a perpetual licence but seem to get forwarded to UK dealers who don’t have this option. What’s the best link for an EU purchase?

23 hours ago, Neptis said:

Hello. I’m in Ireland, part of the European Union and outside the zone announced for the early adoption of the subscription only model. I’d like to buy a perpetual licence but seem to get forwarded to UK dealers who don’t have this option. What’s the best link for an EU purchase?

How is it going with that?  I have been looking around the EU to see if it is possible to buy a perpetual license, so far nothing.  Spain says they sell also a version in English but only list the subscription for example.  

I told the Spanish guy about someone in Ireland looking and he asked me to send your contact info but better if you contact him,  Jorge Matos <techlimits@gmail.com>  For me there is a dealer in Italy so first I need to ask them.  Let me know what answers you get from him. 

@Neptis Looking at the VW International Distributor map, it seems like there are no VW dealers in Ireland - which is probably why you’re getting forwarded to UK dealers: @Tamsin Slatter does this sound correct?

That page also says that:

If you are unable to locate a distributor in your country, please contact the Global Sales Department at:

globalsales@vectorworks.net
International: +1 410.290.5114
U.S. Toll-Free: 888.646.4223

Might be worth calling or sending them an email.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks all. I have had approaches from a few resellers from this post. The main difference seems to be the cost of Service Select, currency (some offering non-Euro pricing) and the IVA, VAT charges. At least it seems possible!

On 5/15/2023 at 5:45 PM, rDesign said:

@Neptis Looking at the VW International Distributor map, it seems like there are no VW dealers in Ireland - which is probably why you’re getting forwarded to UK dealers: @Tamsin Slatter does this sound correct?

That page also says that:

If you are unable to locate a distributor in your country, please contact the Global Sales Department at:

globalsales@vectorworks.net
International: +1 410.290.5114
U.S. Toll-Free: 888.646.4223

Might be worth calling or sending them an email.

Will do.