Creating solid from 2 different NURBS surfaces

Hello everyone

I've got a vw problem and was wondering if you can help me with it. 

I have 2 NURBS surfaces that are not similar and angled on the Z surface and I want to create a solid between them. I honestly don't know how to do it! I've not been successful with Loft or Tapered Extrude. Or maybe I'm using them wrong. I appreciate it if you had time and could take a look at it. These are the surfaces and the GP of them.
I'm also uploading a vw file if it's needed.

Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 7.19.37 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 7.20.23 PM.png

22650191_Untitled2.vwx

You're close!

You will need to extract the curves from the rail shapes and compose them.  Loft surface only works on NURBS curves, not surfaces.  Then covert the line to a NURBS Curve.

I just tried it and the rail curves had a lot of extra vertices that stopped the loft surface tool from working.  Delete the vertices that are very close together and it works!

Post back if you get stuck.

• Like 1

Thank you for responding!

I'm confused here. I've got 3 NURBS curve now and I can not use the loft on them. Did you mean that I should use the loft tool with one railing and loft the 2 arches? I'm trying to do this but when I select loft tool there is nothing to do with it and the 3 curves.1576624574_Screenshot2023-05-12at8_02_20PM.thumb.png.1292d641f4e0ceab16c99bbffe8cd7b7.png