Vectorworks taking a long time to start

Vincefoster

Question

Hello all. I have Vectorworks 2023 SP4 on a Mac running Ventura (fully up to date) on a Mac Silicon M1 laptop 64gb of ram. All of a sudden Vectorworks Takes 8 minutes to launch. I have reinstalled the VW software and now reinstalled the os Ventura software and still the same problem. I have also done the repair option from the updater application.  It seems to get stuck when launching on ‘initializing rendering system’. Any help appreciated as I have run out of options.

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
19 hours ago, Vincefoster said:

Hello all. I have Vectorworks 2023 SP4 on a Mac running Ventura (fully up to date) on a Mac Silicon M1 laptop 64gb of ram. All of a sudden Vectorworks Takes 8 minutes to launch. I have reinstalled the VW software and now reinstalled the os Ventura software and still the same problem. I have also done the repair option from the updater application.  It seems to get stuck when launching on ‘initializing rendering system’. Any help appreciated as I have run out of options.

Hello @Vincefoster Sorry for the difficulty.  The "Initializing Rendering System" message is during Vectorworks graphics module startup, i.e. for accelerated navigation graphics and Shaded render mode.  You are not seeing the slowness when the "Loading Cineware" message is up, are you?  We have had slow startup on Ventura in earlier 2023 before SP2, but SP2 fixed those.

Are there any security or anti-virus apps running which might slow down Vectorworks accessing the system and user folders?

To absolve Cineware from this, does renaming the "Cineware" folder temporarily to something else make the startup time normal?

Which specific Ventura version number is this?