Custom Worksheets Now Not Able To Add New Column

techecc

Question

Hey Everyone, some oddity upon going to do some updating on some custom worksheets I made awhile back. I seem to be unable to link new headers on any worksheets like I previously had. If I enter a new sort in the database header it does not link object data, it instead just copies that field to the whole column. All my old worksheets continue to work but I'm unable to add new columns either by manual text entry of the formula or using the select drop down arrow menu. Am I missing something? Has something in the syntax changed in some recent update? I'm at a loss. 

Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 9.29.42 AM.png

4 answers to this question

I may have come up with a solution.

Bring a clean copy of one of your old worksheets into VW2023.

Before doing anything else, select all of the cells in the database header row, go to Format:Cells and make sure the Numeric Type of everything is set to General (unless there are specific cells you need set to some other format.)

The header row cell in the MODE column is set to Text, so it appears it is not evaluating the formula, but just showing you whatever you type into the cell in every subrow.

The header row cell for Inst Type is set to General, and when I change that formula it seem to take.

HTH

This works like a charm! Oh my god I can not thank you enough. The sheer quantity of work I was staring down thinking about rebuilding all my sheets from scratch. You're a lifesaver. Putting this piece of knowledge in my back pocket for the future.