Nomad - Save VGX view settings

E|FA

Question

Request to allow users to save Nomad settings (Background, Light, Shadows, etc) of VGX files on iPad.  Ideally this would be per file, but even having default user preferences would help.

Also, having the Layers' sort order match the DL Navigation Palette in the saved VW file would be nice.

@inikolova: Am I missing something that already exists?

1415772121_2203BloisRemodel01May2023.vwx-05012023-0808PM.png.64a97ae51319248edb0f097f6537a6bd.png1587415874_IMG_1069.PNG-05012023-0809PM.thumb.png.041c59a27e25f53214490220899bc6fe.png

Edited by E|FA
  • Like 1

6 answers to this question

Adding to Nomad/Cloud Services requests: provide a setting for how quickly files sync and/or allow for a forced sync.  I''m waiting for a file to show up to generate a VGX.  Local time stamp in cloud services folder is 8:13pm, and same file is showing as 7:54pm on iPad Nomad app and at cloud.vectorworks.net.  I've tried pulling down on the iPad screen in Nomad, I get a rotating icon, but no update.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 5/2/2023 at 6:24 AM, E|FA said:

Adding to Nomad/Cloud Services requests: provide a setting for how quickly files sync and/or allow for a forced sync.  I''m waiting for a file to show up to generate a VGX.  Local time stamp in cloud services folder is 8:13pm, and same file is showing as 7:54pm on iPad Nomad app and at cloud.vectorworks.net.  I've tried pulling down on the iPad screen in Nomad, I get a rotating icon, but no update.

The sync operation is pending if the file is opened in Vectorworks. This is done to save bandwidth and other reasons. In the VCS desktop app the file is shown as "Pending upload" and there is a button to force the sync operation (the button shows up when you hover over the line). 

image.png

We are considering Saved Views and it is very likely to be added as functionality. Layer sorting (or at least preserve the order from Vectorworks) is something that we will evaluate. 

14 hours ago, E|FA said:

@Lyuben Thanks for the syncing info.  Do you have any feedback available regarding saving Nomad settings and Layer sort order?

Hi, do you need the sort order of the layers in the viewer to be the same as the stacking order of the layers, or to be exactly the same as in the nav palette? The stacking order is the default sorting criteria, but in the palette you can also sort the layers by other criteria (name, visibity).

I'd like the Nomad layer order to match the Mac's nav palette, even if it's ordered manually.  This would let me turn layers on or off without having to hunt for them.  Saved views would mostly solve the issue in a different way.