Roof Disappearing In Orthogonal/3D View

maxflynn7

Question

Hi All,

working through my first project and I am up to the roof. when I use the AEC roof model function and it works great in plan view. However, when I got to look at the model in 3D or Orthogonal the roof disappears. I have tried modelling the roof selecting the exterior walls and drawing a poly line, both have the same result. I have all my layers and classes turned on, when drawing the roof I am on my roof layer. If anyone would be able to help trouble shoot this issue that would be greatly appreciated. 

1409270668_913Dale(current).vwx

2 answers to this question

I didn't see a roof object or any roof faces in the drawing.

Beware that your drawing is WAY WAY far away from the origin.

The center of the building is about 3,405,567' left of the origin and 18,171,846' above the origin.  That is going to cause a lot of problems rendering.

Also there are some slab objects that are 8,608,760' to the right and 16'361,698' above the origin.

It doesn't look like the drawing is geolocated.  So I'm betting you got a survey file drawn in AutoCad or Civil that got you that far off.

If you go to Tools > Origin > User Origin… select Set User Origin to Next Mouse Click then click in the center of the floor plan all your renders will look MUCH better.  And VW will be much happier.

Then you can take a swing at the roof again.

• Like 1

Hi Michaelk,

thanks for the above... I tried moving the origin and it still didnt work. I think I was because it was too far from the internal origin as I tried moving the model to the internal origin location and after doing that it worked.

Thanks,

Max 

• Like 2