wrapping text in title block/issue manager

Markus Dohner

Question

I have a nifty 11 x 17 title block symbol that VW created for me in the drawing setup command. Now I want to wrap the text in the the project info, etc. I tried editing the the symbol but the info that I initially put in with the Issue Manager does not wrap, and so it goes out in one line beyond the printing border.

Any tips to get this to work? I'm using VW10 for a client. I have VW 11 as well for myself.

Also I searched the tech archives. I found some interesting posts but none about my problem

2 answers to this question

To my knowledge, Markus, there's no way to "tell" VW to wrap text in the title blocks (and some other remote-entered types of text blocks). I work around this by copying a carriage return from a text block and then pasting the CR in the entry field of the Issue Manager (or dimension text, or ID Tag, etc) to force the text into two lines. Obviously you have to pick the point in your title where you want the CR.

This isn't terribly intuitive in these days of auto-wrap--kind of like going back to a manual typewriter, but at least it shows up as two (or more) lines.

[ 01-20-2005, 04:38 PM: Message edited by: Travis ]