Plant Styles - locking style features at general

Hi,
I wanna start a discussion or maybe ask more experienced user or Vectorworks individuals about locking and unlocking plant features connected with plant styles.
I do generally understand a policy to introduce and force to use plant styles without an easy option to change most of parameters.
But for me and I suppose most of experienced landscape architects disabling plant feature change via OIP is not so comfortable.
image.png.9be1d1d8c3be78cd40bfca41ee337b28.png

I give You an example:
Firstable in Polish version some of the plants belongs to Polish and some to English class structures (because of translated or non translated libraries), if I would like to unify this I have to edit plant style for EACH ONE species on my design.

Secondable if i would like to change "Polygon display", Tag Display, Tag Top and so on I have to do the same - edit each species of the plant on my design.
Thirdly, when the feature I need is locked for edition, when I have chosen the plant species and wanna make changes ex. spacing I cannot do that which makes a design process even harder.
So I'm asking is there a way to lock/unlock for edition (via OIP) all plant styles features globally? Is there a way predefine my own Plant Tag adjustments possibly to save it in my template?

I'm really curios about other users opinion in this matter.

Edited by Piotr Karczewski

@Piotr Karczewskiwhich of the plants specifically do you have assigned to foreign, not Polish classes? You can change the plant style settings once as you like and either save this change in the plant directory or create your own library to use in all other files. Then there is no need to constantly change the style settings

Now is SP3 available in polish version, please upgrade the program and check classes again.

On 3/10/2023 at 3:19 PM, Vlado said:

Hi @Piotr Karczewski, thank you for the feedback. At the moment, it's not possible, but the topic is actually active for us, so we'll consider your wishes.

Thank You @Vlado it'll be awsome to have Plant Tag Styles connected with own template file. It'll be much easier for advanced users to create exact, predefined Plants Styles pattern Globally.

greetings!

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Danilo there is this power user script function available, that can help you mass edit plant styles in a drawing. It has a UI but it might not be "easy" to use as it's not really a feature, but more a power tool.

You can give it a try to see if it will work for you at all, but. be careful as it's not official feature. The plan is to make this a user feature in the future.

Make a document script and type in the following VectorScript:

MassEditPlantStyle('');

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 5:21 PM, Vlado said:

@Danilo there is this power user script function available, that can help you mass edit plant styles in a drawing. It has a UI but it might not be "easy" to use as it's not really a feature, but more a power tool.

You can give it a try to see if it will work for you at all, but. be careful as it's not official feature. The plan is to make this a user feature in the future.

Make a document script and type in the following VectorScript:

MassEditPlantStyle('');

Thanks @Vlado!

always helpfull!

I'll try the script feature.

Pleas keep us posted if possible when something will change.

• 8 months later...
On 6/27/2023 at 4:10 PM, Katarina Ollikainen said:

Hi, this is included in 2023 and I've made a quick video on how to use it.

MassEditPlantStyle('');

Hope it helps.

On 3/15/2023 at 6:10 PM, Danilo said:

@Vlado that might be a little advanced for me, but I will give it a try. thanks for the tip.

Hi @Danilo this is a solution provided by @Katarina Ollikainen which @Vlado was talking about. ENYOJ!