'Landscape area' area measurement incorrect resulting in incorrect plant number calculations

INKLandscape

Question

I am currently working on a planting plan and have come across a new issue. I have set up all of my planting areas, drawn initially as polylines, and converted them to landscape areas and populated with the various landscape area styles, as I usually do. In this instance the polyline areas are measuring differently to the 'landscape area' areas resulting in incorrect plant numbers. In some cases there are not enough plants, in others there are far to many.

I don't understand why the area measurement is changing during the convert to landscape area command.

Equally as odd, when I move a landscape area to different locations in the drawing, the area measurement changes along with the plant numbers even though I haven't altered the shape. 

Any help much appreciated as this is for a deadline on Friday!

1 answer to this question

I haven’t experienced what you are describing.  Perhaps post some screen shots of your OIP info or a file demonstrating the problem.

If you have a planting area on top of a site model, your surface area and projected area will be different.  Your plant counts will be different too since the surface area changed compared to 2D.