Space Tool + Worksheet Question

cberg

I am putting together a space list for a building program.  I can make a big list where every space is itemized.  I can also create a summary of spaces by the Custom Space Name.

Is there any way to develop a count of spaces by the custom space name.

I would like this worksheet to say that there are, "6 Prep Labs, and 10 Offices".  Sum Values appears to aggregate the square feet. 

1731744031_ScreenShot2023-02-18at9_56_29AM.thumb.png.42daf75b759cb0be32bc21b8ef16b5a1.png

You got exactly what I would have suggested.  Count returns the number of items in the subrow. The Σ in column A database header indicates that the columns is SUMmarized on that column. You get one subrow for each unique value in the column. The + in the column B database header indicates that you have the Sum Values check box checked so that it will add up all of the values in the SUMmarized subrows for display.

So the size Prep Lab rows are SUMmarized into a single row and the Count (which equals one for each subrow) is then added together to give you the display of 6 items SUMmarized in the single 3.10 subrow.

HTH

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Hello Pat and Cberg,

I have a similair sheet with dwelling types and areas that are summed up by the =COUNT column. But I can not seem to figure out how to have the actual m2 per dwelling type in the final column like you have in your worksheet above. It either shows the sum pf the counted dwellings or a blank. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Schermafbeelding2024-02-29om10_25_33.thumb.png.3570ea3f9f3aab22ccb73aa811faea11.pngSchermafbeelding2024-02-29om10_28_19.thumb.png.44d6a89b5a66777e295caea0d2d05387.png