Export Files via Vectorworks Cloud Service

maxstk

Question

I'm trying to export a ~130 unit residential project to .rvt (and .ifc) for my engineers and it takes hours (yes, even when complex geometry has been turned off/deleted). While my computer attempts this export I am unable to work on other projects.

Please allow us to export via the VW cloud the same way we can plot from it. 

Max

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @maxstk,

Thanks for your feedback! We already have this wish in our project tracking system. I added your vote for it.

We are considering to implement other Cloud job types that offload time-consuming tasks to the Cloud, so this is on our radar.

Best regards,

Iskra Nikolova

• Like 1
On 2/9/2023 at 7:10 PM, maxstk said:

I'm trying to export a ~130 unit residential project to .rvt (and .ifc) for my engineers and it takes hours (yes, even when complex geometry has been turned off/deleted). While my computer attempts this export I am unable to work on other projects.

Please allow us to export via the VW cloud the same way we can plot from it. 

Max

Which is taking longer, RVT export or IFC?  I would expect RVT to take longer and be unsuccessful to a point that it is better to export the IFC and get someone to open and save it in RVT, and get the conversation on to OpenBIM.