Door and Window schedules combination

Hello,

Im currently trying to create a window and a door schedule but I have door objects that I want to appear on the window schedule as well as in order of level. Is there a way of doing this as well as omitting the 'windows' that are appearing in the door schedule? Currently I have changed the prefix of the doors that I want to appear as windows to a 'W' instead of 'D'. I have attached a screenshot of the current layout of my Door Schedule worksheet

Any suggestions are welcome!

Screenshot 2023-01-09 at 12.25.01.png

Possible, and will work well once setup, but it will take a while to set it up properly.

Doors and Windows have completely different Records attached to them. Then have many similar (both in name and function) fields, but the only way to get those values into the same column is to use an If statement and then the record.field value for both object types.

So each of your columns is going to be something like:

=IF(C3='D', 'Door'.'Width, 'Window'.'Width')

This says if column 3 has the character 'D' then to put the Door.Width field into the cell, otherwise put the Window.Width field into the cell.

You wil also need to edit the criteria of row 3 so it shows both Doors and Windows.

Ask again if you need more help.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Thanks Pat. I was wondering if there was a way to get the doors and windows into the same column! All our external doors have 'W' prefixes too, and while I've produced internal door schedules filtering by ID Prefix, I'm yet to get around to producing a window schedule that includes external doors.

There should really be Preformatted Report for this. I'll add a request.

Welcome to the forum @SBALouis

6 hours ago, SBA_Louis said:

When I try to do this the objects that meet criteria goes to 0. what is the best practice for doing this. Apologies, I am very new to all this

It sounds like you got the criteria wrong.  You need something that uses an ANY criteria in the set instead of ALL criteria in the set.

ANY/ALL are a way to group items in building the overall criteria. ANY means that if the object meets one or more of the criteria, include it in the group. ALL means that you have to meet every one of the criteria in the group to be included.

Since an object can't be a Door and a Window at the same time, you can't use ALL.

If there are other criteria relating to layers, classes, record.field data, etc., then you have to get that criteria correct also.