Fixtures Disappear in Sheet Views

NGuiton

I'm sure I've seen a thread on this somewhere recently... I'm using room drawings that are shared between members of the organization I work for, and the sheet views are pre-made as well.  Whenever I add truss, fixtures etc. to the empty room, when I switch to a sheet view some of the stuff will show up and some of it won't.  In this case my truss lines still show up but the instruments  on them disappear.  I'm sure there's an easy fix, just need pointed in the right direction.  Thanks!

It is likely that your pre-made viewports were made before all the possible classes were added to the file. The default is for "new" classes to be set to invisible in existing viewports, though you can change this if you are creating classes manually from the New Class Dialog box (and visibility in Saved Views also). Whatever you used last in manually creating a class will be used the next time you create a class.

But if you are just bringing objects that have components in different classes you won't see the New Class dialog box and will get the default behavior.

You can edit viewports one by one using the Classes... button in the OIP.

Or you can open the Organization Dialog Box, go to the Viewports pane, and click the Visibilities button at the upper right. Select the viewports you want to change the class visibilities for in the left hand column. In the middle column set the visibility (normal, invisible, grey) that you want for each class in those viewports.

HTH 

• Like 1