Renderworks alternatives

chey

I bought VW 11.5 for Mac without Renderworks. I know that soon I will need to create high-res presentation quality renders.

It appears that I cannot order Renderworks seperately on VW's north american site.

What rendering programs are available for Mac OS 10.4.1 that are capable of accurately rendering VW files? Or, how can I purchase Renderworks seperately?

I am Sorry if I have a hard time understanding your reply...

I already have the latest version of VW. When I select to purchase or upgrade Renderworks from this site, I am only given the option to purchase the VW+Renderworks combo for about $1400.00.

You can purchase Renderworks seperately, as indeed upgrade to any of the Industry versions of VW if you so wish.

Renderworks will obviously give you the best file intergration as its all the same file in the same program.

Alternatives do exist, which can give superior results to Renderworks but won't beat it for intergation of course.

Suggested alternatives to look at Cinema 4D from Maxon and Artlantis 4.5 from Abvent, although they do have a new render program recently released, Artlantis R.

Both offer demo versions, but you won't get the plug ins they provide to easily export from VW to their programs with the demos.

You can, and I've not tried this myself, export your file in another format, say dxf, and then use one of the many other renderers on the market that will import dxf files to render with. Both the two mentioned above offer dxf import.

As you are on a Mac check out a program called Cheetah3D. It looks very good and is not very expensive.

Only you will know at what level you need to achieve with your render presentations. On that basis Renderworks may be sufficient.

Good luck with your choosen program

All the best

Alan

[ 06-29-2005, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: alanmac ]