CC - Double Wide Rack?

rominick

Hello, I use VW much more for tour purposes and building documentation to deliver to vendors and advance shows. I was wondering if / how there is a way to create a double wide equipment rack? For the time I am just putting two single racks side by side, this would just be a cool feature to see added as double wide racks are extremely common and I always want my paperwork looking as clean as possible 🙂

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@rominick thanks for the feedback. Double-wide racks have come up before. I'm assuming you mean 2 x 19in bays side-by-side in a road box - correct? You can do this by creating the road box as a symbol and embedding the 3D Rack object with the Rack Style set to Console inside it. That way only the mounting rails are created and it will look just like the real thing.

The question that comes to my mind is this. If you are going to consider these as one rack, how would you label the rack U positions? And why not for example label the left and right sides as rack 2a and rack 2b? I need to see the gain from complicating this before we change things.

Conrad