Page setup instead of print dialog box

sixthflick

Question

Hello All, 

Using 64-bit VW 2023 (Build 668937) on an iMac (macOS Monterey Version 12.6). I'm having issues whenever I tried to print a sheet. Instead of the print dialog box popping open, I constantly receive the Page Setup dialog box (see attached screenshot). It doesn't matter whether I use Command+P, or File>Print to attempt printing. I've tried shutting down just VW, rebooting the computer, shutting the computer down completely and restarting VW and nothing seems to resolve the issue. The issue is intermittent though. Some days the print command works perfectly fine, other days it always gives me the page setup dialog box.

Any resolution or anyone else having this same issue? The same thing was happening to me in VW 2022 (last Build before VW 2023 was available).

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 2.24.41 PM.png

2 answers to this question

Does it happen in all files or just one specific file? Is it only a VW problem? Or are you seeing similar behavior in other apps? If it is only VW then follow the below. If it also is in other apps, then it is likely an operating system problem.

If just one file, it is likely corrupted and the page setup is not able to be saved as part of the file.

If every one, it is likely a problem with either the OS or the VW installation. Run the Vectorworks Updated, click the Advanced button in the middle right and choose Repair and see if that solves the problem. 

If it does not, then try renaming your User Folder and restarting VW. This will create a new user folder that will help tell us if there is a problem there. If it solves the problem then you need to decide what to move from your original folder to the new one. If it does not solve the problem, then delete the new user folder and rename the original one back to the original name and you are right back where you started.

If the above don't work, the next step would be to do a clean install of VW.  Make sure you backup your user folder and have your serial number handy first.

Also, please see my signature below on how to add your OS and VW information to your signature. Having that available makes it easier to give correct support.

HTH