Vectorworks Cloud Services - Layer Visibility

littlemxman

Question

Hello everyone, I am in the process of adding presentations and 3d flyovers to our current landscape design firm. I am currently having trouble with our 3d models. Perhaps its the way we make them. But my groundcover layer which is just a Polyline textured is not showing up in the cloud 3d flyover. It shows up find in the 3D in Vectoworks, just not in the cloud. I'd like it to all be visible so our sales team can take the tablet out there or even the VR kit to wow customers. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

image.thumb.png.cb497905ea0194f4ddc417dfa64b4dad.png

All the Existing hardscapes and the gravel are not showing up. Do they need special requirements such as extruding? ^My 2D Plan

image.thumb.png.1b0dfaff7ae180727cd3774127fb2b4d.png

^ Taken from Vectorworks Cloud Services: I highlighted ground color to be green so it shows up easier. As you can see all of the ground is invisible which is something I do not want. I'd like it to look more like my 3d in the Vectorworks program \/

image.thumb.png.670fef946c3ab49831a51c32bacf210c.png

Edited by littlemxman
Labeling images

3 answers to this question

19 minutes ago, Dave Donley said:

Hello @littlemxman If I am reading this correctly, the ground is a 2D polyline object.  Only 3D objects go out to the viewer, that is why the menu item has (3D only) in it as a hint.  To see your polyline you could convert it to a textured 3D polygon so it shows in the exported model.

Hey Dave! Where do I change it to be a 3d polygon without it messing with the plan view too much? And is there a tool I should be using normally so I don't need to go back and change all my polygons at the end of my design?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 10/20/2022 at 1:50 PM, littlemxman said:

Hey Dave! Where do I change it to be a 3d polygon without it messing with the plan view too much? And is there a tool I should be using normally so I don't need to go back and change all my polygons at the end of my design?

Others might confirm, but if you put the 2D polyline and the 3D polygon in a symbol that will make it a "hybrid", 2D will show in Top/Plan and 3D polygon will show in 3D views.

https://app-help.vectorworks.net/2023/eng/VW2023_Guide/Shapes3/Creating auto_hybrid_objects.htm?rhhlterm=hybrid&rhsearch=hybrid