Ability to Tab Through Socket Definition in Device Builder

Ian5100

In the device builder in 2021, we were able to tab through and type in all of the fields in socket definition without having to touch the mouse. Now in 2022, we have to click two or more times on each field to edit them. It looks like the socket definition area has been completely redesigned, so it may not be possible, but I would love to be able to navigate that area as quickly as I could in 2021.

As a side note, I am a fan of the more easily searchable signal and connector fields, as well as the ability to rearrange sockets. Those features have been on my wish list for a while.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @Ian5100

We had to move to a list browser control in order to be able to have device definitions with any number of socket groups. I agree the old way had its good points but now we don't have to compromise device data because of not having enough groups. There is always a price to pay. But as you also note there are advantages too.

On Windows the list browser component needs an extra click to bring it into focus. We have noted that and submitted a bug to the team handling this. I feel your pain on that one. We will keep pressing for a solution.

Conrad