Roof facing clipped horizontally

Newbie here! 

I'm using a 2D polygon to draw a "Roof Face" to show a shed roof on a project.  The lowest section of the roof is getting clipped horizontally (see attached pic), and I cannot figure out why.  I've adjusted component settings as well settings in Object Info pallet, but nothing about the horizontal cut changes.  I've delete the roof and tried again, but get same result.  I am using Stories (trying to anyway) and none of the bound settings seem like they should be clipping the roof.  I'm hoping there's a setting somewhere that I've overlooked as I cannot figure out any other way to draw a shed roof (getting complexity warnings from the "Crete Roof".

Thank you in advance!!

Chris

221011_RoofFaceIssue.png

michaelk, 

That was it!  I was certain I had already tried that.  A follow up question... 

I noticed that changing the eave cut only changes the eaves on the low side.  I assume this is because the Roof Face assumes the high side is a "peak" and not an eave?  A few years ago I designed a building with a shed roof that had the upper roof taper in.  Similarly, I have also had gable roofs where the rakes taper in as well.  How would one accomplish this?  

Thanks again!

Chris

You are correct.  The roof face tool assumes the low side is always an eave.  The high side is always vertical because it assumes that it's a ridge.

If it's a break in the pitch you can use two separate roof faces.  If the roof pitch has a curve you're out of luck. I had a complicated Gambrel roof a couple years ago where I had to model the whole thing.

Have you experimented with the join tool?  There is a mode to join roof faces that can make finding the hips on irregular roof faces easier.  If that doesn't work I usually make the faces too big then select all the roof faces and Modify>Convert>Convert Copy to Lines.  That will lay a group of lines on top of your roof faces showing where all the hips go.