Using Data Tags in Graphic Legends? Is this possible???

cberg

• cberg changed the title to Using Data Tags in Graphic Legends? Is this possible???

@Hans-Olav Thanks for the suggestion.  I played around a little bit with the dynamic text, and I was not able to get the degree of precision that I needed.  Data tags identify a given field of a record format.  They are object-specific.  Graphic legend annotations don't have the ability to attach themselves to specific objects. 

If a record format field has more than one value, like the values for the pieces below, the annotations text linked to that field will not display. 

I want to be able to display the gate frames by defining them in graphic legends and label individual pieces with data tags.  I could see a bunch of applications for this setup, more geared towards the Spotlight user base (which seems to be the direction of VW's software development).

VW will eventually have to figure this problem out if/when they sort through the issue of unit plans.  If graphic legends were able to display objects that were not turned into symbols, then this also might work.  

799122547_ScreenShot2022-10-02at10_38_57AM.png.e5c23e82eef509569ffe935a01132d5a.png386470269_ScreenShot2022-10-02at10_57_02AM.thumb.png.1e28b825aaf1b4f5078b6191ce73b1aa.png