Dynamically rotate text to align to screen

Mike T

Question

I'd like to know if it's possible (and if not, add to Wishlist) to dynamically rotate text to align with the current view.

For example: If working in Rotated Top/Plan view, I'd like certain text labels to automatically rotate to  based on the current view.

In practice, I'm working on plans that are geographically referenced, and while working and presenting, it makes sense to rotate it away from north being at the top, because the site layout is "gridded" at a different angle. It means that all my text labels are constantly having to be adjusted as I move though different angles of Rotated Top/Plan view. It would also be useful to have the same feature within viewports for the same reason.

Perhaps an option in the object info pallet to choose the rotation either being world based or screen based?

Also, perhaps this extends beyond just simple text labels and applies to data tags & symbols too?

• Like 1

3 answers to this question