Fills do not show up?

Kjonz58

Question

Hello, thanks for reading. I thought I was an "Intermediate" VW user, now I feel like a Beginner again.

I have imported someone else's 3-D file of our black box theatre space. Into this I have extruded audience

risers, and a few simple 3-D set pieces. I assigned a fill to each, but none of these fills appear in Final Renderworks.

Why is this? I have even created a separate Class AND Layer for each of these objects. I'm sure I have inherited something

in some Class that is blocking these fills, but have no idea how to continue. Thank you!

3 answers to this question

These are all closed polygons. Rectangles, in fact. Very simple geometry.

I suspect the glitch is between VW 2022 and the file I inherited which is 2020???

It did finally apply a Fill to each object, but that fill is BRICK. I don't want brick.

Why does it insist I want brick???

There is almost certainly no issue between 2020 and 2022.

There is a difference between a fill and a texture.  A texture is like a fill, but for 3D.  I suspect you have a texture applied to the objets.

Select one of the objects.  At the top of the OIP there are 3 tabs:  Shape | Data | Render.  Choose Render.

Under Texture it probably says Overall then below that is the name of a texture.  Probably Brick something.  Click on that name.  Right below that is a label Texture: with a pull down.  Make that pulldown say "None".