Screen Refresh bug trying to run Vectorworks 2019 on a 2021 Macbook Pro (M1 16GB)

Aaron Veale

Question

HI,

I am running Vectorworks 2019 Architect on a new 2021 Macbook Pro (M1) 16GB memory, however there appears to be issues with the screen refresh which is making the program increasingly frustrating to learn on when I can't even see what I am drawing.  Is this a known issue running an older version on a new machine?

e.g. when I zoom to page area [using the click to icon], nothing happens until I actually move my mouse.

Even worse, if I try to do the same thing using the shortcut keys [command+4] nothing happens unless I then click or scroll the middle mouse [pan] button to adjust the view.

e.g. similarly, using the freehand tool [option+5] and first click, I can't see what I am drawing freehand unless i then move the page  a little using the middle scroll button.

e.g. similarly, when I undo an action [command+z], I see the command at the bottom right of screen confirm that the action has been undone, however, I cannot see the undone action on the screen until I pan or zoom.

...heres hoping a solution is available without having to fork out more money for the 2023 version.

The 2019 version already provides everything (technically) that I need it to for basic 2d structural engineering drafting.

Regards,

Aaron

1 answer to this question