How do I change the ixxtems available in the "Series" dropdown menu for an Object?

Aaron Veale

Question

Hi folks,

QUICK INTRO

This is my first post - I'm an ex Autocad drafty, new to vectorworks, completing tutorials & learning as I go so please bear with me.

I am using it for civil/structural drafting Australian residential/small commercial structures.

I typically only use a select few cross-sections for standard 'off the shelf' steel members (I-Beam, Angle, Tee, Round Tubing, Square tubing.. etc) that are typically used in Australia for construction so my question is based on streamlining the drafting process to save time.

QUESTION
I want to reduce the number of options available in the dropdown menus for each type of object so that only the 'ANZ' series show.

See screenshots below - I do not need any of the others (for other counties). Is there a way to remove all of the other options?

e.g. when I insert an Angle, I only want the option to select either:

ANZ Equal Leg Angle 

or

ANZ Unequal Leg Angle

Thanks.

Regards,

Aaron Veale

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 2.30.17 pm.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 2.30.32 pm.png

1 answer to this question

Based on a short play, it appears that the series and sizes are hard coded into the object and you will not be able to modify them.

The data used to draw the objects is stored in a text file inside the VW applications folder Plug-ins:Common:StructShape_Angle-ANZ.txt. When I edit that to delete a size, the object fails when it can't find the data, but when I add a different size it does not get added to the pull down list.

Sorry.

• Like 2