Distribute Along Path Tool

Light Guy Calvin

Question

4 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, markdd said:

It’s now a legacy tool. You can add it back to your workspace using the workspace editor command.

It was replaced by the duplicate along path command which (from memory) is in the edit menu.

Thanks @markdd for your response. However, I looked in the workspace editor for the tool but, haven't come across it. Does the tool have another name other than the obvious?

By the way, I'm not trying to duplicate a single object along a path. I'm trying to take several different objects and distribute them along a path.

SIDE NOTE: Why would they make Distribute Along Path a legacy tool?

Forgive me. I misread your post. I thought you meant "Duplicate along Path", for which there was a Tool which has now been "upgraded" to a menu command.

I don't think there has ever been a Distribute objects along path tool, but I may be wrong there. Can you put what you are trying to do into some sort of context?

4 hours ago, markdd said:

Forgive me. I misread your post. I thought you meant "Duplicate along Path", for which there was a Tool which has now been "upgraded" to a menu command.

I don't think there has ever been a Distribute objects along path tool, but I may be wrong there. Can you put what you are trying to do into some sort of context?

I'm trying to take several lighting objects and have them distributed evenly along an arc.